The pressure cooker, our generation’s newest addition to electric and nearly completely customizable “take the guess work out of cooking by pushing a single button” gadget. If you don’t know what I am talking about, don’t worry, you are not alone, as of bout 2 months ago, I didn’t either.. but then I got the Power Pressure Cooker XL. This operates with the one touch button system and has several designated buttons for different cooking temps/foods/times etc, saving you oodles of time when trying to prepare an AWESOME home cooked meal in a rather a short period of time.
Tonight I decided that I wanted chicken for dinner…. I had frozen boneless skinless chicken thighs, and knew that would do just fine. So I scoured the fridge to find something that would make this chicken sing. What happens next is something sweet, with a little kick !! Sweet Chili Chicken ! Well… that’s the named I coined for it once it was done. I figured this would be good enough for our Sunday night dinner before my hubby scurried off to work, my son to bed and not too filling so that I could still get all of my work done that I had neglected throughout the day.
This recipe is simple and quick.
For the pressure cooker-
- 1 Bag Frozen Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 6 or 7)
- 1 Cup Sweet and Spicy bbq Sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Chili Wing Glaze (again… here I used Sweet Baby Rays)
- 1/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup ( I used Great Value Brand )
For the topping (when putting in the oven)
- 1/2 Cup Sweet and spicy bbq sauce
- 1/4 Cup Sweet Chili Wing Glaze
- 1/8 Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Sliced green onions to top
- Place chicken into pressure cooker
- Mix bbq sauce, chili sauce, maple syrup together, stirring well until completely blended.
- Pour over chicken, using brush to coat all sides.
- Place lid on Pressure Cooker and press soup/stew button, adjust time to 15min.
- Once chicken has cooked, use tongs to remove and place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Use “for topping” ingredients and mix together well, brush mixture to coat cooked chicken
- Bake in oven at 350* x 15min.
- Place on your plate, Eat and Enjoy
This is an original, I hope you like it!