Everyone loves chicken and rice, it is a staple of comfort food that is just asked for over and over in my house, along side my Chicken and Dumplings… but that’s for another post! Anywho I thought I’d put a little spin on it and make it a little more cozy. Fall is quickly approaching, and we will be yearning for those tuck us in and keep us warm delicious dishes and why not start now with tomorrow being opening game day for this season! College Football Season that is! Cooler weather, bon fires, hoodies, Pumpkin spiced everything, The holidays, and FOOTBALL!! here in the south we live for our beaches, and our football!! So here goes…
This recipe is as easy as it is good and comforting.
- 1 large package bone in, skin on chicken (I used thighs, legs, wings)
- 2 containers of Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock concentrate (there are 4 in a package)
- 1 package 10oz yellow rice (I used Mahatma)
- 2 (10.75oz ea) Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/4-1/2 can milk
- 1 can of sweet green peas
- Fill your pot with about 1-2 Cups of water and place 1 of the containers of Knorrs chicken stock into water, boil until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add chicken , fill pot rest of the way with water just to top of chicken (it is ok if a tiny bit of your chicken sticks above the water, this will cook down). Add 2nd container of concentrated chicken stock. Boil until chicken is cooked and juices run clear.
- In separate pot, cook your rice as directed on packaging.
- In a third pot put 1 can of Cream of chicken soup mixed with about a 1/3rd can of milk, wish together over low heat until mixed well, add 2nd can of soup and milk mixing until you have the consistency you desire
- In another pot, pour your peas and cook over low heat until warm.
- When your chicken is done and juices run clear, remove chicken, place in a bowl to cool.
- Remove skin and discard, debone chicken and place good chicken in separate bowl.
- Place cooked Rice into bowl with deboned chicken, followed by your sweet peas, and lastly your chicken soup mixture.
- Stir gently , until fully incorporated and add salt and pepper to taste (optional… I didn’t add any).
10. Voila!! Scoop and enjoy!!
Hope you enjoy this easy, cozy, anytime dish ! It’s an original twist on an all time favorite!!